At times in may be necessary to refund a transaction that has already been settled. This may be necessary if the client cancels the plan several days after it has been created or if there is duplicate payment collection.
- Log in to the practice Authorize.Net account.
- Select Search > Search by business day.
- Search for the date on which the transaction occurred.
- Click the Trans ID link for the transaction to update.
- Within the receipt, click the Refund button to refund the payment.
Note: Refunds can be done within 120 days of the initial transaction. Refunds usually take 3-5 business days to be returned to the client.