When a client ID is changed in the practice management software, Petly Plans creates a new account. The client merge tool allows practice administrators to quickly move an old client account’s information to the new account.
The Client Merge tool transitions payment profiles, pets and plans from an old client account to the updated account ID within Petly Plans.
Note: The client does not have to be active or have an associated pet(s) to merge it to the new account. However, the new account cannot have Authorize.Net information associated with it and the client must be active.
To merge a client:
- Log in to Petly Plans as an administrator.
- If necessary, within the search field, click advanced to expand the search area and select the Clients with no Pets check box.
- Type the client name or ID of the old account. As you type, results narrow to information that matches the text entered.
- Click the client name in the Search Results area to access a Client Summary Page.
- From the Client Administration menu, select Merge Client. A MERGE CLIENT modal appears.
- In the search field, type the name or client ID of the new client account.
- Click MERGE.
- Verify the information is accurate.
- Click CONFIRM. The old client account is inactivated and the Client Summary Page shows the merged information under the new client account.