The onboarding wizard will assist a practice administrator set up and customize the practice’s Petly Plans software.
Exploring the Wizard
The Onboarding Wizard is used to set up plan templates, assist in identifying which WP items to use with Petly Plans, choose and verify pricing of WP items, set up the chosen WP items and enter pricing and healthcare agreement information.
There is a Setup link in the upper right area of the software that shows progress through the wizard. The numbers to the right are associated with each step. When a step is completed, a check mark displays to the right of the page number. If a user moves to a previous step, the check mark is removed from the current step. When an administrator exits the wizard, this link can be used to re-enter the wizard if needed.
For each page in the wizard, there are instructions that display in a yellow bar at the at the top of the page. There is also a Help button available, which can be used to open content-specific help in a separate tab on the browser.
In the lower left area of each page is a Back button that can be used to move to the previous step in the wizard. The progress bar on the bottom center indicates where the administrator is in the process. The button on the bottom right is used to move to the next step in the wizard. If available, use the bottom scroll bar to move a page left or right and the right scroll bar to move a page up or down.
Entering and Exiting
An administrator must log in to the Petly Plans software to access the onboarding wizard and can exit at any time by choosing a menu option within the software or logging out.
To access the wizard again, an administrator must log back in to the Petly Plans software to display the last page on which there was activity within the wizard or, if still logged in, place the mouse pointer over the Setup menu in the upper right area of the software and choose the page to display from the list provided. The Setup link will continue to appear until the wizard has been completed.
To enter the wizard
- Open a Firefox Mozilla® or Google Chrome™ web browser and type the practice’s unique Petly Plans URL in the address bar. The practice’s Petly Plans login page appears.
- In the Username box, type the unique administrator user name to access the onboarding wizard.
- In the Password box, type the administrator password.
- Click Login. The software displays the last page of the onboarding wizard from which the administrator exited.
Note: If already logged in to the software, use the Setup menu in the upper right area, to navigate to the last page visited or any previous page in the wizard.
To exit the wizard
- From the menu , select Dashboard
- To log out of Petly Plans, from the user menu, select Logout.
- If the final step has been marked completed, the software will automatically display the Dashboard when logging in.
Using the Wizard
When an administrator initially logs in to the practice’s Petly Plans software, a Welcome page lists the steps necessary to complete the setup of Petly Plans templates.
Set Up Plan Templates
The Set Up Plan Templates is used to customize species-specific plan templates to fit practice needs. They are used to standardize wellness plan offerings and quickly guide staff through the add plan process. This page displays some of the most popular types of plan templates by default.
An administrator can change information for the default templates, add new templates to fit practice needs and delete those that will not be used with the practice’s wellness program.
To set up plan templates
- To rearrange the order in which templates display throughout the software:
- Place the mouse point over the template card to move.
- Hold down the left mouse button and drag the card to the correct position.
- Release the left mouse button.
- To add a template:
- Click Create New. The Add Plan Template window appears.
- In the Plan Title box, type a unique name to describe the type of plan this template represents.
- In the Abbreviation box, type a unique abbreviated version of the plan title.
- From the Species drop-down list, select the species to which the template is associated.
- From the Active drop-down list, select Active.
- Optional: From the Automatic Renewal Plan drop-down list, select the type of plan to automatically renew to if not this type.
Example: A puppy plan will renew to a canine adult plan.
- Click Save. The template is added to the Petly Plans software.
Note: Click CANCEL to exit without creating a template.
To edit a template
- Place the mouse pointer over the template to update.
- Click the pencil icon in the lower right area of the card. The Edit Plan Template window appears.
- Optional: In the Plan Title box, type a different unique name to describe the type of plan this template represents.
- Optional: In the Abbreviation box, type a unique abbreviated version of the plan title.
- Optional: From the Species drop-down list, select the species to which the template is associated.
- Optional: From the Active drop-down list, select Active if the template should remain in use within the software or select Inactive if the template will no longer be used.
- Optional: From the Automatic Renewal Plan drop-down list, select the type of plan to automatically renew to if not this type.
- Click Save. The template is added to the Petly Plans software.
Note: Click CANCEL to exit without making changes.
To delete a template
- Place the mouse pointer over the template to remove.
- Click the delete icon in the lower right area of the card. A confirmation window appears.
- Click Delete. The template is removed from the software.
Note: Click CANCEL to exit without deleting the template.
- When all templates have been set up, click Next Step.
Identify WP Items
The Identify WP Items page helps a hospital administrator identify and organize WP items to use with Petly Plans.
A search function is available to find a specific category or item on the list. Use the Collapse Categories link to condense the list of categories and use the Expand Categories link to display the WP items associated with each category on the list.
Recommended Petly Plans WP items display and are organized by categories in the table below. Each category includes a designated range of numbers that can be assigned to items within that category. Each recommended item includes a unique WP item ID, WP item type to identify whether it is a service provided by the practice or a tangible inventory item and a unique recommended WP item description. An administrator can add a practice description to a recommended WP item if not using the recommended description or add additional items to a recommended category.
Note: Recommended categories and WP items are not required for use with Petly Plans. However, these items cannot be removed from the Identify WP Items page.
A practice administrator can also add and edit additional categories of WP items the practice will use with their Petly Plans program. Any additional category or WP item can be removed from this page if necessary.
Once all WP items to use with Petly Plans have been identified, export or print this information for easier entry of WP items within the PIMS.
To add a practice description to a recommended category
- Click the Edit link to the right of a recommended WP item.
- In the practice description field to the left, type a different name for the WP item.
- Click the Save link.
Note: Click the Cancel link to exit without saving changes.
To add a category
- Click Add New Category. The Add New Category window appears.
- In the Category Name box, type a general term to describe the type of items to assign this group.
- In the first WP Item ID Range box, type a unique number to indicate the first number that can be assigned a WP item within this category.
- In the WP Item ID Range To box, type the unique number to indicate the last number that can be assigned a WP item within this category.
- Click Save.
Note: Click the Edit link to the far right of the category to change the category name and/or WP item ID range.
To delete a category
- Click the Delete link to the far right of the category to remove. A confirmation window appears.
- Click Delete. The category and associated WP items are removed from the Identify WP Items page.
To add a WP item to a category
- Click the Add Item link to the far right of the category name. A new row displays at the bottom of the category list.
- In the WP item ID box, type a unique number within the category item ID range for identify the item.
- From the WP item type field, select Service if this is a service provided or Inventory if it is a tangible good.
- In the Practice Description box, type a name to describe this item.
- Click the Save link.
To delete a WP item
- Click the Delete link to the far right of the item to remove. A confirmation window appears.
- Click Delete. The WP item is removed from the Identify WP Items page.
Create WP Items
At this point it is necessary to enter the WP items identified in the previous step in the practice management software (PIMS). Petly Plans requires a minimum of fifteen WP items be entered in the PIMS before moving to the next step.
Use the View Training Resources button to open the Administrator Training section of the Petly Plans Help Desk in a separate tab on the browser. Here you will find information for setting up WP items in your PIMS.
To create WP Items
- Enter a minimum of fifteen active WP items in the practice management software.
- Click Go to Next Step. The Petly Plans software will import the WP items from the PIMS and then display the Choose Plan Items page.
- If a minimum of fifteen active WP items are not synchronized, you will be alerted and the software will return to the Create WP Items page.
- If the software cannot synchronize with the PIMS, you will be alerted to contact Petly Plans support for assistance.
Choose Plan Items
The Choose Plan Items page displays the WP items imported from the practice management. All WP items are selected by default to indicate each will be used as part of the Petly Plans wellness program. This page gives practice administrators an opportunity to verify pricing before moving to the next step.
The table shows the number of records displayed out of the total number available in the upper left area. An administrator can search for a specific WP item by using the Search box in the upper right area of the table and choose the Show all selected items check box to display only items that have been checked on the list.
To choose items to use on plans
- If needed, search for the item(s) to include with the Petly Plans wellness program.
- Select the check box to the far left of the line item.
- If needed, clear a check box to the left of a line item to exclude it from use with plan templates.
- When all plan items have been selected and item prices have been verified, click Next Step.
Configure Plan Items
The Configure Plan Items page is used to set up WP items and assign each to the appropriate template(s).
The table on the left shows the total number of plan items selected on the previous page and the item ID, description and unit price imported from the practice management software (PiMS) of each. Use the Add/Remove Items link in the upper right area of this table to move back to the Choose Plan Items page if an item(s) needs to be added or removed from this list of plan items.
The right area of the page is used to configure each WP item. The banner at the top displays the item ID, description, unit price and type imported from the PIMS for the selected WP item.
The Complete check box indicates whether the selected item’s configuration is finalized. If selected, a check mark will display to the left of the WP item to easily identify it as having been configured. The Next Item button is used to move to the next item on the list.
Use the Item Options area to indicate whether the quantity available for use on wellness plans should be unlimited and/or if the item should be associated with a specific sex. Some examples of items that may be unlimited include nail trims, co-pay exams and technician office visits. An administrator can specify the dollar amount to charge for the item when cancelling a plan if different from the price imported from the PiMS, indicate whether the item’s usage will be synchronized and updated nightly and whether the item should be included on future renewal plans. An example of an item that might not need to be synchronized is one associated with the initial membership fee or first month’s payment. An item that would not be included on a renewal plan would be a neuter or spay. An administrator can also indicate whether a discount should be calculated upon usage if it is a base item on a plan with an associated discount entered. It is also possible to assign the item to a usage group. For example, if this is an x-ray item it may be assigned to the Radiographs group. Then, if this item and other items assigned to the Radiographs group are added to a plan and one used, the other items in the group are marked used as well. The Instructions box will alert staff to any usage rules that apply to the item. For example, with spays/neuters it may be required the pet be less than seven months of age to use the service.
The Add Item to Plan Templates area is used to identify the template(s) to which the selected item should be associated. A check mark in a Base item check box indicates the item will be included in all plans associated with the corresponding template. If usage is limited, the quantity box indicates the number of the item allowed with plans. A check mark in an Optional items check box indicates the item is an elective item for the associated template and can potentially be added to a plan, for an additional fee, based on pet needs.
To configure plan items
- Verify the item to configure is selected in the Plan Items table on the left.
- In the Item Options area, do the following:
- From the Unlimited Usage options, select Yes if there is no limit to the number of this item offered with plans or No if a specific quantity is offered.
- From the Sex options, select Any if any pet can use this item, Male if this item only applies to males or Female if it only applies to females.
- In the True Value box, type the price to charge for one unit of the item when cancelling a plan if different from the dollar amount imported from the PiMS.
- From the Sync Usage drop-down list, select Yes if the item usage will be updated during synchronization or No if the item usage will not be updated during synchronization.
- From the Include on Renewal Plans drop-down list, select Yes if the item will be added to renewal plans or No if it will not be included on renewal plans.
- From the Plan Item Discount Allowed options, select Yes to calculate the discounted price of an item at usage or No if a plan item discount should not be calculated.
- From the Usage Group drop-down list, select the category to which this item should be associated.
- In the Instructions box, type any guidelines for item usage.
- In the Add Item to Plan Templates area, do the following for each applicable template:
- Select the Base Item check box if the item should always be included with this type of plan or select the Optional Item check box if the item may potentially be included with this type of plan at an additional cost.
Note: Select the All check box above the base items column to indicate the item should be included on all templates or select the All check box above the optional item column to indicate the item should be included an optional item on all templates.
- In the quantity box, if available, enter the quantity offered with this type of plan.
- Select the Complete check box to indicate the item’s configuration is complete. A check mark is place to the left of the line item in the Plan Items table on the left.
- Click Next Item to move to the next WP item on the list.
- Continue setting up each WP item.
- When finished, click Next Step.
Set Plan Pricing and Healthcare Agreement Content
The Plan Pricing & HCA page is used to specify the monthly fee to charge clients for the use of the selected plan and to enter the standard information to print on each plan’s healthcare agreement.
The Templates table on the left displays the total number of templates set up within Petly Plans. It also includes the abbreviation, name and species of each template for easy identification. The right side of the page displays pricing options and healthcare agreement information for the selected template.
The blue banner across the top includes the abbreviated version of the plan title, the plan title, the species associated with this plan and the plan to which to renew to once a plan of the selected type is completed.
The Complete check box indicates whether the selected template’s pricing and healthcare agreement information is finalized. If selected, a check mark will display to the left of the template name listed in the table on the left. The Next Template button is used to move to the next template on that list.
The Base Items information on the far right includes the total number of items selected in the previous step for the chosen template. It also includes a table with the item ID, description and price imported from the PiMS and the quantity set in the previous step. If an item is unlimited, an infinity symbol displays instead. A checkmark to the left of a line item indicates it is included in the total annual value listed within the Plan Pricing area. If an item should not be included in this total, remove the checkmark from the check box to the left of the item.
The Plan Pricing area includes a Total Annual Value box to indicate the total price of items that are included with this plan. This dollar amount does not include unlimited items or any item without a checkmark to the left of it in the Base Items table. Below this is the base monthly fee for this type of plan, the one-time initial fee for newly enrolled members, the non-plan item discount percent that applies to any eligible non-wellness plan item(s) added to the invoice and paid for the day of service and the plan item discount used to calculate the discounted price of a used base item for reporting purposes.
The Healthcare Agreement Additions section is used to enter information and restrictions to print on any healthcare agreement associated with the selected type of plan. The details entered here display in this same format when viewing an agreement for a pet. There are four boxes available with default information listed. This information can be changed. Each has a title and area for entering details that can be bolded or put into a bulleted list. There is also one Restrictions box to indicate any limitations for this plan type.
To update plan pricing and HCA information
- Within the Templates table on the left, select the template for which to update plan pricing and healthcare agreement information. Items associated with the template display in the Base Items table on the far right.
- If necessary, in the Base Items table, clean the checkmark to the left of each line item to exclude from the total annual plan value dollar amount.
- In the Plan Pricing area, do the following:
- In the Month Fee box, type the minimum monthly fee to charge clients for this type of plan.
- In the Initial Fee box, type the one-time membership fee to charge for this type of plan.
- In the Non-Plan Item Discount box, type a number to indicate the percent to mark down eligible non-wellness plan items added during invoicing.
- In the Plan Item Discount (%) field, type a percent that will be used to calculate the discounted price of a base item during usage.
- If necessary, in the Healthcare Agreement Additions area, do the following:
- In the first Title box, type a general description for the kind of information being entered below.
- In the first Content box, type information to print in the first details area of the healthcare agreement for associated plans.
Note: Use the Bold option to emphasize any highlighted text and/or the Bulleted List option to create a bulleted list.
- Continue entering information in each title and content box as needed.
- In the Restrictions box, type any limitations that apply to this type of plan.
- Select the Complete check box to indicate the template pricing and HCA information have been finalized. A check mark appears to the left of the template name within the Templates table.
- Click Next Template to move to the next template on the list.
- Continue setting prices and entering HCA information for each template.
- When finished, click Complete Setup. A congratulations window appears.
Set Up Complete
The Set Up Complete page is the final stage in the Onboarding Wizard. It lists the steps that have been completed as part of the Onboarding Wizard.
It is necessary to acknowledge the completion of these steps before the software allows the practice administrator to exit the wizard. Once the Onboarding Wizard is complete, the Dashboard displays.
The Petly Plans Administrator Training also opens in a separate tab on the browser so practice administrators can start their Petly Plans training.
To acknowledge completion
- Select the acknowledge check box to indicate to indicate each step of the wizard has been completed.
- Click Complete Setup.