Petly Plans has integrated with Authorize.Net’s Account Updater feature. Account Updater automatically updates your clients’ card-on-file information once a month, helping to keep payment information current so you continue to receive payment. It provides an easy way to help avoid lost sales and payment declines and interruptions.
Note: This service costs $0.25 per card update
Here are a few benefits of Account Updater to you and your clients:
- Increase authorization approvals – automatic, monthly cardholder updates mean more authorization approvals on your payment profiles, helping to avoid declines and unnecessary payment interruptions.
- Increase sales and retain customers – reduce client friction and the chances of cancellations or non-payment associated with manual updates and payment disruptions.
- Reduce your administrative costs – reduce the costs associated with individually contacting customers to obtain their updated information. Your time is better spent focusing on building your business rather than manually updating client data.
- No update, no charge – You only pay per update. On average, 20-35% of cards update in the first month of using Account Updater, with only 7-8% each month after. But in the long run, at only $0.25 per update, your savings will far outweigh the costs.
The Authorize.Net® Account Updater runs an operation once a month, starting around the 13th, to:
- Update new card numbers and expiration dates for Visa® or MasterCard® credit cards.
- Identify closed accounts and remove them from the Authorize.Net database
- Flag accounts for which the practice needs to contact the client and remove them from the Authorize.Net database (some reasons: fraud, lost or stolen card, issuer refuses to share card with recurring billing agencies)
Petly Plans looks for changes made by the Account Updater each night. If a payment profile has been changed or if an was account closed, or identified as needing attention, designated administrators receive an email.
Note: To verify you will receive this email, within Petly Plans:
- From the menu, go to Admin > Portal Settings.
- Click the Email tab.
- Verify your email address is listed.
If you need assistance, please contact Petly Plans Support.
Things to Know
- Authorize.Net charges your account $0.25 for each card it updates.
- The initial update occurs based on when you sign up.
- If you sign up BEFORE the 13th, updates should begin that month
- If you sign up ON OR AFTER the 13th, updates will start the next month
- Authorize.Net's Account Updater processes ONLY Visa® and MasterCard®
- Possible responses:
- NAN - New Account Number
- NED - New Expiration Date
- ACL - Account Closed
- CCH - Contact Card Holder
- Note: "Contact Card Holder" is a response VISA or MasterCard provides Authorize.Net. This could indicate the account was frozen, the card was reported lost or stolen, accounts were consolidated, or an entirely new card was issued. The exact reason in these cases is not provided to Authorize.Net.
- A report will be available for the previous month's updates at the beginning of the each month.
IMPORTANT: We strongly recommend you delete unused payment profiles in Petly Plans to avoid being charged for credit card updates. Authorize.Net cannot determine which credit cards are active in Petly Plans.
- Log into your practice’s Authorize.Net account.
- Under Tools on the left side of the home page, click the Account Updater link.
- Click Sign Up Now.
- Within the Industry Information area, click the Look Up link.
- In the Search box, type 742.
- Click the 742 VETERINARY SERVICES option.
- Click SELECT MCC.
- Select the agreement checkbox.
- Click I Agree. When the Account Updater page appears, your registration request is being processed. This takes approximately 2 hours.
To learn more about the Account Update visit Authorize.Net Account Updater FAQ and check out the enclosed video that walks you through the process.