Correct an AVS Mismatch error by updating the payment profile in Petly Plans to match the billing addressed listed with the card issuing bank billing address.
- Adding or updating a payment profile during the enrollment process or from the Client Summary page
- A payment was declined because the billing address on file does not match the actual billing address for the payment method (AVS Mismatch)
Things to Know
- Authorize.Ne requires the correct billing address associated with a payment profile to successfully save a payment profile or process a payment.
- An incorrectly entered billing address will trigger the Address Verification System (AVS) in Authorize.Net in which the authorization will be successful but the transaction will be declined.
- A large volume of transactions declined to AVS Mismatches can cause the Authorize.Net Administrator to receive a Suspicious Transaction email.
Update the Payment Profile with the AVS Mismatch
- Search for and select the client for which to change an existing payment profile.
- Within the Client Summary page, go to Client Administration > Manage Payment Profiles.
- Find the payment profile to update.
- Click edit.
- Within the Billing Address area, enter the address, city and state to match the actual address associated with the payment profile.
- Click Update Credit Card.
- Click return to client page when finished making changes.
Manually Recharge the Declined Payment
- Search for and select the client for which to recharge a declined payment(s).
- Click the Payments tab.
- Click Charge.
- Within the Initiate Charge window, if necessary, click the payment method to be charged.
- Place a check mark in the Charge checkbox to the right of payment that was declined due to an AVS Mismatch.
- Click Charge Payment.
- Verify the correct payment method has been selected and the total to be charged is accurate.
- Click Charge Immediately.