Charge a client an additional fee for such things as non-sufficient funds (NSF), cancellations and administrative costs.
- The practice chooses to charge an NSF fee for a declined payment(s).
- Anytime the practice needs to collection an additional fee(s) above the normal plan cost.
Example: Staff provided a service that is not part of a plan and, after discussing with the pet owner, has permission to charge the additional cost of the service.
- When upgrading a plan, the practice chooses to charge the balance due in full instead of applying the cost difference to future monthly payments during the change plan process.
Things to Know
- You must manually charge the additional fee. The Petly Plans application does not automatically charge this type of payment.
- Check with your local and state government regulations to ensure compliance.
Add the Supplemental Payment
- Search for and select the client for which to charge one or more payments.
- Click the Payments tab.
- Click Create Supplemental Payment.
- In the Amount ($) field, type the dollar amount of the fee to add to the plan.
- From the Reason for Payment drop-down list, select the reason for the additional fee. Options: Other, NSF Fee, Credit Card Service Fee.
- Optional: In the Note field, type additional details staff should be aware of about the additional fee.
- Click Add Payment.
Charge the Client through the Petly Plans application
- Within the Payments tab for the appropriate plan, search for the Payment Type Supplemental.
- Click Charge.
- Choose the payment method to charge.
- Place a check mark in the Charge check box within the Action column to the right of the Supplemental type.
- Click Charge Payment.
- Click Charge Immediately.