Void the full amount of a transaction within Authorize.Net.
- Same day payment(s) is charged
Things to Know
- For questions regarding voids, contact Authorize.Net Support at (877) 447-3938.
- Potential reasons to void:
- The client signs up for a plan, is charged the initial and first monthly payment and then changes their mind. You can void the full amount that same day.
- Authorize.Net does not allow partial voids. Wait 24 hours after the payment(s) is charged and issue a partial refund.
- There may be one or more payments processed as part of a transaction.
- Payments are grouped and processed as one transaction if one or more payments is processed at the same time and the payment(s) is charged to the same payment profile.
- Reimbursements after the first day can be done through a full or partial refund.
- Petly Plans is updated the day following the issued void.
- Voids usually take 24 - 48 hours for the hold to be released from a client’s account.
- When a transaction is voided the authorization remains. The preauthorized amount reserved against the credit limit of the customer's card will remain for a predefined period of time until it is expired by the card-issuer. This time period varies with all card-issuing banks and you will need to contact them directly to find out what their hold times are.
- Even though the customer has not actually made a purchase with his credit card, future transactions may be declined because the credit limit may have been reached.
- Normal transaction fees apply.
- Authorize.Net CANNOT remove existing authorizations that are held on the customer's credit card. You can contact the card issuing bank with your merchant number and the authorization code to have them remove the funds on hold. Retrieve the authorization code by viewing the details associated with the transaction.
- Log into your practice’s Authorize.Net Merchant Interface (https://account.authorize.net).
- On the left side of the window under Tools, click Customer Information Manager.
- In the -Select One- drop-down list, select Description.
- In the search field to the right, type the last name of the client.
- Click Search.
- In the Profile ID column, click the link associated with the client.
- Click View History.
- Search for and select the Transaction ID to display the transaction details receipt.
- Click Void and follow the prompts to complete the process.